Parmesan Egyptian Rice Koftas
Member recipe by assiaothman
Rice kofta is one of the most popular delight in Egypt ... My mother in law thaught me this yummy recipe some years ago ... it is a mixture between , minced meat , cilantro , rice flour, parsley , onion and dill . All of them blended , then , we make koftas from this mixture and we fry. Immersed in a tomato sauce , this kofta is usally served with rice . So , Decided today to mixing between the Egyptian and Italian cuisine, and based on the famous Chicken Parmesan recipe .. why not to try a Parmesan Egyptian rice kofta .. with a savory basil sauce ???? here we go !!!!!!!!!!!
- For the Egyptian rice kofta , simply we need :
- 500g meat , minced
- 1 cup rice , blended and sifted ( flour )
- 1 binch of cilantro , chopped
- 1 binch of parsley , chopped
- 1 binch of dill , chopped
- 1 onion , chopped
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- for the sauce :
- 500g of boiled , de-chaff and crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 binch of basil leaves , finelly chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- salt , pepper and nutmeg
- 1 broth cube .
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In the food processor, blend all ingredients together , until obatining a soft mixture .
- Make koftas ( fingers ) from this mixture and fry in hot oil until it become golden . Set aside, and let's prepare the basil sauce .
- In a deep sauce pan , heat the butter ... Add the onion and simmer .
- When the onion become soft , add the tomatoes , tomato paste and basil ... stir for some minutes .
- Add one cup of water , broth cube , and seasonnigs with salt, pepper and nutmeg .
- Let cook for 10 minutes . Remove from the heat .
- In an oven pan , place the koftas at the bottom ... Pour on the top the basil sauce .. then sprinkle with a half cup of grated parmesan cheese . Bake , in medium oven , for 15 minutes . Serve it with pasta or rice .