Lemon Sole in a wine sauce
Member recipe by millzey
Baked lemon sole in a creamy white wine sauce accompanied with grapes.
- 4 large or 8 smaller fillets of sole, whiting or any other white fish
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 pint milk
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup green seeded grapes
- 1 lemon
- GrapesRoll or fold the fillets of fish, put into a greased baking dish and season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of thyme. Pour over half the'butter and the wine. Add the grapes, cover and cook in a moderate oven 350ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ°F (180ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ°C) for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the remainder of the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and continue stirring over a low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and bring to the boil and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Lift the fish onto a hot plate and strain the remaining liquid from the fish into the sauce. Stir in the cream and heat again without boiling. Pour over the baked fish.
- Serve and garnish with sliced lemon and some grapes (optional).