Spicy Fried Onion Soup
Member recipe by AngieW123
Soups can be so simple to make. This one is super-simple: and has only 4 ingredients (+ salt and pepper).
- 4 white onions
- 2 tsps chilli flavoured olive oil
- 4 tsps Vecon vegetable stock paste (you can use any vegetable stock paste or even dried stock cubes, if you donât have Vecon)
- 2 tsps cornflour
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Peel all onions. Chop 2 finely, and slice the other two into thin rings.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until rippling . Turn down slightly and add onions. Cook until soft and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile bring 6 cups of water to the boil in a large pan. Add vegetable stock and stir until melted.
- Add cooked onions, bring to the boil, and turn down to a simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes (you can simmer for longer if you want a stronger onion flavour).
- Mix cornflour in a small bowl with a small amount of water until liquified. Add to soup and stir until soup thickens.
- Serve with wholemeal bread rolls.