Member recipe by claired8
A quick and easy summer fruity pudding that is bound to be everyones cup of tea!
- For the Meringues
- 3 eggs
- 6oz caster sugar
- For the Topping
- 10 fl oz whipped cream
- 12 oz soft fruit (Raspberries or strawberries work great!)
- A little icing sugar (optional)
- Set oven at 180C and prepare a large baking sheet on top of a metal tray.Put egg whites in large bowl and whisk them until you can turn the bowl upside down with out it falling out or until stiff peaks.
- Stir in the sugar a spoon at a time but be careful not to overbeat- just spoon until mixed and glossy.
- Take a metal spoon and spoon the meringue mixture on to the prepared baking sheet (the best way to do this is to spoon it like a clock i.e. put a blob at 12 oclock then 3 then 6 then 9 and then fill in the gaps.
- Using the tip of a skewar, make little swirls on the end of the meringue.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and immediatly turn the temperature down to 140C and bake for an hour. Leave the meringue in the oven overnight for a stickier middle.
- In a bowl whip the cream until soft peaks and spoon into the middle of the pavlova (it doesnt matter if you break the centre as this gives you more space). Finally top the pavlova with the soft fruit and sprinkle with a dusting of icing sugar.