Member recipe by sylveb
A crispy, biscuity topping for fruit - for a less traditional crumble (but more delicious!)
- Enough stewed fruit of your choice to feed 6-8
- 110g Plain Flour
- 100g oz Oats
- 110g Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 140g Butter
- (Optional 2tbsp Sunflower seeds/chopped nuts)
- Later..... add...
- 1 Egg
- Put the fruit in a dish making sure it only comes half way to the top to allow enough room for the topping.
- Mix all above ingredients in a mixer (or by hand)
- Add 1 egg and mix in well
- Blob all over the fruit. You can smooth it if you like but i leave gaps to show the fruit through.
- Bake in a pre heated oven (180c) for about 20-30 mins for until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is crispy and cooked. Enjoy
- We usually serve this with custard or Devonshire Clotted Cream