Delicious Chocolate Brownies
Member recipe by leia_seasoned
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Brownies
A wonderful, well tested recipe for the perfectly gooey, devilishly delicious chocolate brownies.
- 80g/6oz plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240g/8oz plain chocolate *top tip - break chocolate into small pieces to prevent it burning when melting*
- 120g/4oz butter
- 4 eggs
- 450g/16oz caster sugar
- 180g/6oz walnuts, chopped - (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/ gas mark 3 and grease & line 8 inch square tin.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together in a large bowl and stir together until combined.
- Melt the chocolate & the butter in glass bowl over simmering water on the hob or microwave on a low power and stir throughout. Remove the bowl from the pan, or microwave, and then let the chocolate cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sugar for 2 minutes until light & creamy. A hand mixer works best, however, if you do not have one then beating by hand works great as well.
- Once the melted butter and chocolate has cooled slightly beat it into the flour and baking powder mix. One this is completed, fold in the flour with a metal spoon (and walnuts if desired).
- Pour the combined mixture in your prepared tin and cook on 60C/325F/ gas mark 3 for 35-40 minutes or until when you gently shake the tin, the brownie mixture no longer 'wobbles'.
- Slice the brownies into desired squares and leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes before tucking in.