Belvoir's Thai Pea Soup
Member recipe by mustardcomms
A delicious hot soup with a spicy kick, perfect for the cold winter months.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 lemongrass stalks bashed
- 800ml chicken stock
- 2 rounded tsp Thai red
- curry paste
- 3tbsl of Belvoir Fruit Farms Organic Ginger Cordial
- 250g frozen peas
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 2tbsp thai fish sauce
- 4tbsp freshly
- squeezed lime juice
- (about 2 limes)
- 4 spring onions
- 12 large sprigs of fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Fry the onion and garlic in the groundnut oil till translucent. Add the lemongrass and red curry paste and cook for a further three minutes.
- Add the stock and Belvoir Fruit FarmsÃ¢ÂÂ ginger cordial and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Skim the red oil off the surface and fish out the lemongrass stalks. Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
- Just before serving add the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice to the mixture.
- Season to taste. Sprinkle a few chopped spring onions and some fresh coriander over each bowl of soup and serve.