Black and white garlic bread
Member recipe by ehb102
Garlic bread gets a makeover in this easy but sophisticated alternative.
- 100g Butter, in two 50g portions
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 cloves black garlic
- 4 slices ciabatta (or other white bread)
- Mix 50g of the butter with the crushed fresh garlic cloves to make the white garlic butter.
- Mix 50g of the butter with the black garlic cloves to make the black garlic butter. The black garlic should be jelly-like and spread easily but you can chop it first.
- Toast the bread under a gentle grill.
- Spread half the toast with white garlic butter and half with black garlic butter. On rectangle bread divide the butter by a corner-to-corner (diagonal) line.
- Return to the grill until the butter is melted and the white garlic has cooked a tiny bit.
- Cut the black and white garlic bread slices in half diagonally in the opposite direction to which you spread the bread.
- Serve the black and white garlic bread slices with Italian food. The sharp white garlic butter gives a tangy flavour whilst the balsamic flavour of the black garlic butter makes an unusual contrast which complements tomato sauces particularly well.