Member recipe by sailorgirl700
- For the dough
- 350g strong plain flour, plus extra for dusting.
- One 7g sachet fast action dried yeast
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 150-160ml warm water. (I use 50ml just boiled and the rest cold)
- half a tsp salt
- For the sauce
- 100g tomato puree
- 50g approx tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dired oregano
- salt and pepper to taste.
- For the topping
- 150g cheese of your choice, grated. I use strong cheddar and cheshire mixed together. (just our preference).
- 1 tbsp dried basil sprinkled on top
- 1 tbsp dried oregano sprinkled on top
- You can also add any other topping you like, I use sliced mushrooms, cubed pineapple and chilli flakes, also sometimes sweetcorn, chopped bell peppers, veggie style ham or veggie chorizo.
- I use a food processor to make the dough. Place the flour and salt in first then give it a whizz, add the dried yeast and sugar, mix while adding the olive oil first then the warm water. Continue mixing until a soft dough is formed. If you use a food processor you don't need to knead by hand. But if you do it by hand pop the ingredients into a large bowl and mix, then turn out and knead for about 10 mins.
- Place dough in an oiled polythene food bag allowing space for the dough to double in size. Place in a warm place and leave to rise for about 1 hour.
- Once risen remove from bag place on floured surface and knock back. Then roll out to your required thickness. The dough is enough to make one 12inch round pizza. You can either flour the tin or use baking parchment to line.Place the rolled out dough onto the tin and prick with a fork to stop it rising too much.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and spread on top of the dough. Sprinkle with grated cheese and add your chosen topping then finally sprinkle the basil and oregano on top.
- Place in a preheated oven on gas mark 6 to7. Cook for about 20 mins or until golden and crisp around the edges.
- Remove from tin, slice and serve.