Carrot, Lentil and Bacon Soup
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 15ml/1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 450g/1lb carrots, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 100g/4oz red lentils
- 1.4ltr/2 1/2pt vegetable stock made with low salt stock cube*
- 15ml/1tbsp tomato puree
- 5ml/1tsp medium curry paste
- yogurt, fresh coriander and croutons to serve
- * Kallo do a very low salt vegetable stock cube
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the bacon and onion and saute over a medium heat for 4-5 mins or until pale golden.
- 2. Stir in the carrots, lentils, puree and curry paste and mix well. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Boil uncovered for 5 mins, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 mins or until the carrots and lentils are tender.
- 3. Blitz the soup with a stick blender until smooth. Adjust the seasoning to taste, then serve with a dollop of yogurt, a scattering of coriander and croutons if liked.