Member recipe by thecakefairy7
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Fingers
Don't spend a fortune at the coffee house as these delicious biscuits are identical!
- 150g Blanched, Whole Almonds (buy toasted or toast your own)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 285g Plain Flour
- 150g Granulated White Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- To toast almonds if needed: Heat oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and lay on a baking tray and bake until lightly browned (around 10 mins). Turn oven down to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2
- Combine Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the Eggs, Vanilla Extract and Almond Extract in a separate bowl and add half the egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir in the almonds and then add remaining egg mixture.
- As the mixture starts to form a dough, use well-floured hands to mould into a ball. It's quite sticky! Mould dough into two logs with your hands about 20cm long by 3cm wide (approx) and lay on a baking tray covered with parchment. Leave some spreading room between the two logs. Bake for 40 mins until firm. Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 mins.
- Cut each log into slices of about 1.5 - 2cm on the diagonal and lay each slice on its side on the baking tray. Bake for another 10 mins and then turn and bake the other side for 10 mins. Remove from the oven and cool. Store in an air-tight container.