Will's Autumnal Loaf Cake
Member recipe by willskitchen
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
When the leaves are starting to fall, this is a perfect recipe for September.
- 200g slightly salted butter
- 250g demerara sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 20ml rum
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g raisins
- 150g fresh blackberries, washed
- digestives, crushed, enough to fill the bottom of the loaf tin
- desiccated coconut, for sprinkling
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Preheat a fan oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Grease two loaf tins with butter.
- Cream the butter and sugar in an electric food mixer, until well incorporated.
- Whilst keeping the butter and sugar mixing, add the beaten eggs to the mixture gradually.
- Add the rum to the mixture and keep mixing.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, and add to the mixture until the mixture stiffens.
- Add the seeds of a vanilla pod, the ground cinnamon, raisins and blackberries.
- Place the crushed digestives in the the tin, enough to cover the bottom.
- Put the cake mixture on the top.
- Generously sprinkle with desiccated coconut and place a cinnamon stick in the centre of the tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.