Vic's Chocolate Banana Cake
Member recipe by mommavic
This was the best way I could mix 2 of my favourite cakes together and it works a treat.
- 245g self raising flour
- 110g caster sugar
- 40g soft brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 125g melted butter
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 65g dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp flavourless oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 170c Gas mark 3, grease and line a 7" round loose bottomed cake tin.
- Sift all the dry ingredients including the chocolate chunks into a large bowl and set aside
- Melt the butter, beat the eggs and mash the banana, mix together with the rest of the wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and add the wet batter. Stir gently until just combined
- Add the batter to the cake tin and level. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the cake is cooked through. If needed test with a skewer.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes, then turn out and serve with fresh custard.