Member recipe by jul34es
- 25g butter
- 2 shallots,peeled and chopped,finely
- 1 large potato,peeled and diced
- 500ml veg stock
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 500g asparagus
- 200ml dry white wine
- 100ml single cream
- ground black pepper
- heat the butter in a medium pan and fry the shallots over a gentle heat until soft.add the potato,thyme and stock.bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
- cut off the asparagus tips and reserve.cut off and discard any woody stems from the asparagus,then cut the remaining stems into 4cm chunks and add to the stock with the wine.bring to the boil and simmer for about 8 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- using a hand blender or liquidiser,puree the soup until smooth.steam the asparagus tips for 4-5 minutes,then add to the soup just before serving.pour into small bowls or cups with a swirl of cream and a grind of black pepper.