Sweet Potato and Chorizo Soup
Member recipe by jessicabunnyrabbit
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g sweet potato, cut into large chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into quarters
- 3 garlic clove, unpealed
- 750 mL-1 L chicken stock
- 200 g cured chorizo, cut into 1 cm pieces
- maldon salt and pepper to season
- Preheat Oven to 200C/fan 180C
- Place the sweet potato, red onion and garlic in a single layer in a roasting tray and drizzle with oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 45 min until the sweet potato and garlic are soft.
- Transfer the contents of the baking tray to deep pan removing the skin from the garlic as you go. Add 500 mL of the stock and blend with a hand blender until smooth (or alternatively use a freestanding blender). Add more stock until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add the chorizo to the soup and bring gently to the boil, then simmer for 5 min to warm the chorizo through. Season to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread