Blackcurrant Yogurt Ice
Member recipe by joblogs
- 175g / 6 oz blackcurrants, fresh, frozen or canned
- 75 ml / 3 fl oz water
- 75 g / 3 oz granulated sugar
- 275 ml / 10 fl oz plain yogurt
- If using fresh or frozen blackcurrants, place them in a stainless steel saucepan with the water and sugar, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Rub the soft berries through a nylon sieve together with their juices. If using canned blackcurrants, just sieve them with their syrup. Combine the blackcurrant purÃÂ©e with the yogurt.
- For best results, freeze in an electric ice maker. If you do not have an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture to a stainless steel or enamel bowl and freeze for 1 hour or until the mixture begins to freeze around the edges.
- Whisk well to break down the ice crystal evenly. Return to freezer and freeze for a further 1-1 1/2 hours, whisking every 20 minutes, until firm.
- Transfer the yogurt to a plastic container, cover and store in the ice compartment of your refrigerator until ready to serve.