Member recipe by alice1211
A lovely tasting, creamy soup. Superb for using up any left over courgettes or other vegetables
- 900g (2lbs) courgettes
- 225g (ÃÂ½ lb) potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 900ml (1ÃÂ½ pints)water or stock
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 56 g (2oz) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp cream
- Wash the courgettes and chop into chunks. Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Peel and slice the onion. Crush the garlic
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Lightly fry for about 5 minutes to soften
- Add the potatoes to the pan, cover with half of the stock or water, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes until half-cooked
- Add the courgette chunks, salt and pepper to taste, chopped oregano and basil and the rest of the stock or water, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Either rub through a sieve or put through a blender to make a smooth purÃÂ©e.
- Return to a clean pan, re-heat and add the cream, grated parmesan and chopped chives without boiling.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of cheese on the top of the bowls.