Chorizo ratatouille pasta
Member recipe by red1ribbon
A simple, quick and easy pasta dish you can whip up from store cupboard ingredients.
- 225g ring of Chorizo, cut into small chunks
- 6 Rashers of bacon (any kindc)
- 1 large onion (red or brown is fine), cut into small chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into small chunks
- 300g Pasta (any variety)
- 500g can/carton of Passata
- 390g can of Ratatouille Provencale (I used Tesco's)
- 1/2 tsp sugar (any kind)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Heat a dry frying pan and add the cubed chorizo, toss for 2-3min until lightly brown and crispy. Remove the chorizo from the pan, leaving the oil from the chorizo.
- Fry the onion, bacon and courgette till soft and crispy around the edges, about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta to instructions on the packet and strain.
- In the same saucepan the pasta was cooked in add the passata and bring to the boil, simmer for 5min until slightly reduced. Add the sugar, oregano, can of ratatouille, reserved chorizo, onion, courgette and pasta. Season, and serve.