Cinnamon & Carrot Cake
Member recipe by geni90
- Cake Mix
- 260g Muscovado Sugar
- 260ml Sunflower oil
- 4 Large eggs
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 150g walnuts, chopped (extra for topping)
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 260g self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg.
- Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting -
- 10 oz Icing Sugar
- 5 oz soft butter
- 6 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan 160C and line a deep medium sized cake tin.
- Add sugar into a large mixing bowl, oil and eggs. Lightly mix with a wooden spoon until mixed well.
- Stir in the grated carrots, raisins/walnuts and orange zest.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices together, then sift into the bowl.
- Lightly mix all the ingredients until evenly mixed - mixture will be soft and almost runny.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40- 45 minutes
- Cake is cooked when it is firm and springy when pressed and a skewer comes out clean. Leave the cake until it is cool throughout before adding the icing to the top.
- For the Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting - Mix soft butter and icing sugar together until soft and creamy, add cinnamon and lightly stir in.