Member recipe by fmknightuk
- 25cm ready made sponge base
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 675g full-fat soft cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 300ml whipping cream
- pre-heat oven to 180c/gas 4. Butter a 25cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Trim sponge so you have a 1cm thick base and place in prepared cake tin
- Mix sugar and cornflour together then beat in cream cheese
- Beat in eggs and essence then slowly mix in cream till you have a thick creamy consistency
- Pour mix into tin. Place tin on a tray with 2-3mm of water to help create steam during cooking. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 45-50mins.
- Leave to cool completely before removing from tin