Pennies from heaven
Member recipe by fmknightuk
Carrots with apricots and almonds in an orange and cinnamon coating
- Ingredients :
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 dried pitted apricots, sliced
- 1/3 c. sliced almonds, toasted
- Steam carrots 8 minutes or until tender. Rise until cold water and drain.
- Stir cinnamon and sugar together; set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet. Stir in cooked carrots and orange juice.
- Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture and cook over medium heat until carrots are glazed and sauce is slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
- Season with pinch of each salt and pepper. Stir in apricots and almonds. Cook just until heated through, 3 minutes.