Poached apple with cinnamon.
Member recipe by iloveolives
The nicest dessert on the planet. All that is required is one apple, ribena and a dash of sugar and cinnamon. Dieting just became the best thing in the world!
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown/casting/white sugar - (whichever you prefer)
- A dash of 'light' Ribena - or blackcurrent squash.
- Boil your kettle.
- Peal the skin of your apple off with a peeler or knife then slice your apple in to 4 segments.
- In a small saucepan put a dash of ribena/blackcurrent squash in and half fill with your boiled water. Then put your sugar in and place on the heat until your sugar has dissolved.
- Put your apple pieces into the saucepan and allow to boil for 10 minutes. Then add your cinnamon and allow to boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Make sure your apples are soft and dish up in a bowl with a scoop of your warm ribena mixture from your pan. Allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying this delightful dessert.
- If you use these exact measurments this dessert only has 110 calories in. Could be less if you replace your sugar with sweetener and use a small apple. Enjoy :)