Blueberry & Lemon MilleFeuille
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- For the mille feuille:
- 1 block puff pastry
- 600ml double cream
- 4tbs lemon curd
- For the blueberry compote:
- 200g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 30g Belvoir Blueberry Cordial
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 200ÃÂÃÂ°C. Cut the puff pastry in half and roll out each half to the size of a large baking tray. Lie each piece on top of the other with a layer of greaseproof in between and leave to rest on a tray in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- To make the compote: Place the blueberries and cordial in a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2-3 mins. Mix together the cornflower with the water, add into the blueberry mix. Continue to stir until the blueberry compote has thickened and leave to cool.
- To bake the puff pastry. Lay one piece of puff pastry on a piece of grease proof and slide onto a large baking tray and prick all over with a fork. Do the same with the other piece of puff pastry and bake in the oven for approx 20 mins until crisp and light brown in colour. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Cut the puff pastry into 18 even rectangles. (each rectangle approx 7cm x 4cm)
- Semi whip the cream to soft peaks and fold in 2 tbs lemon curd. Spread lemon curd on 12 of the 18 puff pastry rectangles.
- Assemble your dessert last minute as follows: A rectangle of puff pastry spread with lemon curd, topped with a spoonful of the cream followed by a spoonful of blueberry compote. Repeat the process and finish with one of the plain puff pastry rectangles (no lemon curd in this one). Dust this with icing sugar and brand diagonal lines by placing a skewer in the open flame of a blow torch or gas flame and heating until very hot then place on top of the icing sugar in a diagonal. Repeat the process several times one way and then the other to form a criss cross diamond effect. Decorate with lemon zest and fresh mint.