Raspberry and Rose Pavlova
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- For the Pavlova:
- 5 egg whites
- 290g caster sugar
- 11/2tsp cornflour
- 11/2tsp lemon juice
- For the ice cream:
- 100g raspberry puree
- 250ml double cream
- 120g sugar
- 100ml Belvoir Raspberry and Rose Cordial
- 100g greek yoghurt
- For the Raspberry and Rose sauce:
- 40g raspberry purée
- 100g Belvoir Raspberry and Rose Cordial
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- For the pavlova: grease 2 baking trays with oil and sprinkle caster sugar over them. Using an electric whisk, whisk up the egg whites until they have reached full peak. Gradually whisk in the sugar until the mix becomes glossy and stiff. Finally add the cornflour and lemon juice. Divide the pavlova mix into 6 rough rounds on your baking trays. Spread the mix out a little and smooth the top to give a flattish finish, for that extra finish pipe a few rosettes around the edge of the pavlovas. Place in a cool oven; 120°C /gas mark ½ and cook for approx. 1½ hrs. The pavlova should be hard on the outside but soft in the middle.
- For the ice cream: Boil the cream and sugar together. Remove from the heat, add the cordial and Raspberry puree, cool and add the greek yoghurt. Using an ice cream machine churn the ice cream. Allow to harden in the freezer. Alternatively, transfer to a shallow tray and freeze, whisking every couple of hours with an electric whisk until completely frozen to give the ice cream a creamy texture.
- For the sauce: Crush a handful of raspberries in a bowl with the back of a fork. Mix in 40g Raspberry puree and 100g cordial.
- Place the pavlova on a plate and press the centre of the pavlovas down slightly place some raspberries in the centre followed by a ball of ice cream spoon over the sauce and decorate the plate with more raspberries.