Halibut and Prawn Bake
Member recipe by strangeinplaces
- 4 halibut steaks
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt white wine or stock
- 6 peppercorns
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 2 oz (50 g) butter
- 1/2 cup (50 g) 2 oz flour, sifted
- 170 g (6 oz) prawns or shrimps
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh single cream
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Butter an ovenproof dish. Place the halibut in dish, add the lemon juice, bay leaves, wine or stock, peppercorns and seasonings and cover with oil. Bake in the oven at 180ÃÂ°C for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Strain liquid from the fish and reserve. Place the fish on a serving dish, cover and keep warm.
- Place the butter, flour and liquid, made up to 450 ml (| pint) with milk, in a medium saucepan. Season. Heat, whisking all the time, until the sauce thickens and is cooked. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prawns, parsley and cream to the sauce, heat through gently without boiling. Check seasoning and pour over fish. Garnish with parsley.