Member recipe by rjoshi
Curried Potatoes and Rice Flakes - Great for breakfast or as a snack
- 4 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Each Whole Cumin and Mustard Seeds
- 1 Medium White Onion, chopped
- 1 lb red potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- salt and lemon juice to taste
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp each cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- fresh cilantro as garnish
- 1/2 lb pawa/rice flakes with 8 oz. water to pre-soak pawa
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and mustard seeds to the pan. Saute onions for 2 minutes. Add garlic.
- dd potatoes. Cook for 4 minutes. Mix well. Add salt, red pepper, cumin and coriander powders to taste. Add lemon juice to taste. Mix well. Add cilantro.
- Soak pawa in warm water. Drain pawa well. Add it to potato mixture. Finally fold mixtures and simmer 2 minutes. Serve with yogurt.