Sweet & Sour Sauce
Member recipe by joblogs
Sweet & sour sauce - great for throwing over a stir fry or dipping!
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water / pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped canned pineapple
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water, for thickening
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except the cornstarch mixture, blend well and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently until thickened. Be sure and bring your sauce to a boil before adding the cornstarch, otherwise the sauce may retain an unpleasant starchy taste.