Chocolate and Apricot Brownies
Member recipe by emmalily
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Brownies
a slightly healthier version of a favourite. I've been cooking it for years.
- 100g/4oz butter, cut in pieces
- 100g/4oz good quality chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids,) broken into pieces
- 300g/10oz golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 100g/4oz wholemeal flour
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 50g/2oz dried apricots, quartered
- 50g/2oz walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas4/fan oven 160C. Lightly grease a 20cm/8in square shallow tin and line the base with greaseproof paper. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, orange zest, apricots and walnuts just until well combined. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for about 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean and the surface is slightly cracked. Leave in the tin to cool slightly before cutting into squares. Keeps moist for 2-3 days.