Easy Carrot & Coriander Soup
Member recipe by missjasmine
- 8 large carrots
- Water, enough to cover the carrots in a saucepan
- Coriander, chopped fresh or dried - 3 tablespoons
- Vegetable stock cube
- Salt & pepper to season
- Dash of milk - optional
- Remove the ends of the carrots and place in a saucepan and cover with water, bring water to boil and simmer for about an hour
- Strain water from carrots into a large mixing bowl or measuring jug, add the stock cube and stir until disolved. Then add the coriander.
- Cut up and then mash carrots (you can also use a handblender) into a pulp either in the saucepan or a mixing bowl, gradually add the stock until it is at a consistency you want.
- Season to taste. Add a dash of milk to make it more creamy.
- I usually serve with chunky bread and butter. This definately isn't a smooth soup but is great for lunch on a wintery day. It can get a bit messy preparing but its well worth it.