Member recipe by sailorgirl700
- 1 onion finely chopped
- small amount of olive oil (for frying)
- 200g soya mince
- 1 400g tin of mixed beans (I use three bean salad in water)
- 1 420g tin of baked beans
- 1 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- about 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- chilli powder to taste
- salt and pepper.
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
- long grain rice
- flour tortillas
- Peel and finely chop the onion. In a large pan heat a small amount of oil then gently fry the onions until soft. Add the soya mince and continue to fry for about 5 to 10 mins stirring to prevent sticking.
- Open the tins. Wash and drain the mixed beans. Chop and decore the tomatoes Add the tomatoes, baked beans and mixed beans to the pan. Sprinkle over the stock cube and give it a good stir. Add a small amount of water if required. Add the tomato puree, tomato ketchup, salt, pepper and the chilli powder to taste.
- Cover and simmer very gently for about 30 to 45 mins, stirring every now and again to prevent the chilli sticking to the pan. Just before serving add the cocoa powder if using.
- Cook the long grain rice and warm the tortillas.
- Put the rice in the dishes or on the plates then pour over the chilli. Serve with the warm tortillas