Iberico chorizo in rioja
Member recipe by becskr
- 180ml rioja
- 120g chorizo (preferably Iberico)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 15g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed with a knife
- Half the onion then slice finely. In a saute pan, melt the butter over a medium/low heat and soften the onions by covering the pan and stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, then add the garlic.
- Slice the chorizo into bitesize chunks and add to the pan, cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and tomato paste and stir well to combine with the juices, cover and simmer gently for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve in ramekins with crusty bread.