Chilean Lamb Casserole
Member recipe by breadmurderer
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1kg (2lb) boneless lamb, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 300ml beef stock
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp green ginger grated (or ginger powder)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 150ml of single cream
- (optional) Almonds / Parsley
- Heat the oil and butter and saute the lamb and onions until brown.
- Add salt, pepper, stock, cloves, cinnamon and ginger. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and cook uncovered for 5 minutes longer. Then add the cream and stir well.
- Garnish with almonds and parsley (optional) and serve very hot.