Dec's strawberry cheesecake
Member recipe by dlewiscook
- 1/2packet hobnob biscuits
- 284ml double cream or elmlea
- 150g mascarpone cheese
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries (or any other berry really)
- 2 x 50g icing sugar
- 50g butter
- 1/2 tsp. (teaspoon) vanilla extract
- Crush your biscuits by putting them in a large bowl and gently bashing them with the end of a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat and stir into the broken biscuits
- Add 50g of icing sugar and vanilla to the cream and whisk until fluffy soft peaks (not quite stiff peaks!)
- Mix in the mascarpone with a metal spoon
- Take half of your strawberries and blitz in a food processor with the rest of the icing sugar.
- Marble this strawberry sauce into your cream and spoon into your tin.
- Hull (take out the green bits) and finely slice the rest of the strawberries and arrange on top.