Member recipe by paulrei
Seafood paella - excellent, authentic recipe from a Spanish friend
- 3 green peppers, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 2 large calamar (squid) cleaned and cut into strips
- 1 cup tomato frito - or 2-3 very ripe tomatoes
- 18 small cups good fish stock (preferably homemade)
- 1 -2 capsule safran
- 500g firm fleshed fish (monkfish or even lobster)
- 500g shellfish
- 8 small cups of Spanish round rice
- Make your stock. Cut up the peppers in a thick julienne. Add olive oil to a big frying pan, heat and gently cook peppers and garlic. Before they are fully softened add the calamar and cook for 2 minutes. add the tomato frito.
- Add the rice to the frying pan, stir and add the stock, safran and salt. Bring to a gentle boil then reduce to a simmer. Add fish and shellfish, simmer for 20 minutes. Do not stir, but shake the frying pan from time to time.
- Cut the heat source and leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.