Quorn Chicken and Ham Pie
Member recipe by glittlewood
- For the Pie Filling
- 500g Quorn Chicken pieces
- 100g Quorn Ham
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 15g melted butter
- 2fl oz vegetable stock
- Milk for glazing
- 1/4 cup single cream
- For the Shortcrust Pastry
- Two large sheets of ready made shortcust pastry (lifes too short!)
- Put the pepper, flour and nutmeg, quorn bacon and quorn chicken pieces into a plastic bag and give it a good shake so each piece of chicken is well coated.
- Cook the onions and leeks in the butter on a moderate heat until softened.
- Add the chicken and ham mixture to the pan, add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Take of the heat and stir in the cream
- Place a sheet of pastry into the bottom of a dish.
- Pour in the pie filling mixture
- Place the remaining sheet of pastry over the pie filling.
- Put a couple of small slices in the pie crust and glaze with milk
- Place in an oven preheated to 400°F/200°C and cook for 35 - 40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown in colour.