Hugh's White Bread
Member recipe by pvanwyk
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
- 1kg Strong White Flour
- 15gr Salt
- 10gr Instant Yeast
- 600ml Water (Hand Warm)
- Mix all the dry ingredients and add the water.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface, using a push and fold back action, for at least 10 minutes. Turn the dough one quarter after each fold back.
- Place the dough back in the mixing bowl and cover with cling film. Allow to rise till doubled in volume.
- Lightly press the air out of the dough by hand. Do not knead.
- Add a little flour on to a baking tray and place the dough, rolled into a ball, in the middle. You may also place the dough in one or more bread tins.
- Make a few even spaced cuts in the dough. Leave to rise for at least 45 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Centigrade for 30 to 40 minutes.