Fluffy Fairy Cakes
Member recipe by holliebaker
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Muffins
These fairy cakes are light, fluffy and low-calorie! Very easy to make and takes less than half an hour in total! How could you go wrong?
- FOR THE CAKES
- 60g Butter
- 60 Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Free range Egg
- 60g Flour
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- Electric Whisk
- 6 Cake cases
- Muffin tray
- Crack the egg into a seperate bowl using only the white, setting aside the yolk. Whisk the whites with an electric whisk, or if you don't have one, by hand.
- Meanwhile, cream sugar, butter and vanilla extract with electric whisk until smooth. Then add the egg yolk to the mixture and whisk again.
- Add in the milk, then flour and whisk until a smooth, creamy mixture has been created. Put the oven on 180C.
- Slowly, fold in the egg whites bit by bit until they have all been mixed in and the cake mixture is light and fluffy.
- Put the cake cases into the muffin trays, and spoon 2 Tbsp of the cake mixture into each case.
- Cook for 10 Mins until golden on top.