west indian chicken curry
Member recipe by katie1986
easy to make,smells great,tastes good and can freeze extra portions.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp curry paste or powder
- 8 tbsp of coconut milk or cream
- 200g of onion sliced
- 1-2 cooking apples
- 1-2 bananas
- 1/4 litre of water
- salt and pepper to season
- 1. Brown onions in oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- 2. Slice chicken into bitesize chunks and add, cook until golden.
- 3. Add curry and coconut milk, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 4. Add 1/4 litre water and chopped fruit. Season
- 5. Cover and leave to cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- 6. Cook rice until fluffy then serve with naan bread.