Pork Lion Rolled
Member recipe by millerwb
- boned, rolled pork loin - about 1.3kg, scored and tied
- new potatoes - 12
- lemons - 2
- fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 3 tbs
- Set the oven at 220°C/gas 7. Wipe the new potatoes, cut them in half lengthways then drop them into a mixing bowl. Cut the lemons into thick wedges, 8-10 to each fruit, then add them to the potatoes together with the fennel seeds, a tablespoon of the olive oil and generous grinding of sea salt and black pepper.
- Rub the pork with salt. Warm the remaining olive oil in a roasting tin and place it over a high heat. As soon as it starts to shimmer, lay the pork in the tin and let it colour before rolling it over and continuing until all sides are sealed.
- Tip the potatoes and lemon into the tin with the pork. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200°C/gas 6 and continue roasting for 25 mins per 500g, until the juices run clear when the meat pierced with a metal skewer.
- You won't need to baste the meat as it cooks, but it is a good idea to toss the potatoes around half way through cooking, so that they turn golden and sticky on both sides. Carve the meat and serve on warm plates with the roast potatoes.