scrummy fish pie
Member recipe by bigmammalynne
- 700g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 fillets of haddock
- 425ml semi skimmed milk
- 25g margarine
- 25g flour
- 25g half fat strong cheddar cheese
- pre-heat oven to 200C/gas mark 6
- Place the potatoes in a pan with boiling water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Drain them and mash with a little semi-skimmed milk.
- Chop the fish into chunks and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Place the milk, margarine and flour in a small pot over a medium heat.
- Stir continuously with a whisk or wooden spoon untill the sauce starts to bubble. pour over fish.
- Top with the mashed potato. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the potato.
- Place in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes. serve with green beans or peas.