Naughty but nice choco cake
Member recipe by lola2727
Delicious chocolate cake with a scruptious chocolate ganache topping. Contains nuts (almonds). Made by Lola and Amelia x
- 200g-Plain chocolate
- 50g Flaked Almonds
- 25g Coco powder
- 50g Plain flour
- 4 Eggs
- 200g Caster sugar
- For ganache
- 150g Plain chocolate
- 150ml Double light Elmlea Cream
- To decorate
- Preheat the oven to 210C/190C fan/gas 6. Grease the inside of the 20cm loose-bottomed round cake tin.
- Break the chocolate with your hands and put in a saucepan with the butter. Then melt together stirring occasionally until smooth. Put to one side.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together using an electric mixer until creamy in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the butter and chocolate into the mixing bowl and fold into the egg and sugar mix.
- Then add the flour and whisk until you cannot see any flour lumps. Then add the almonds and coco powder into the cake mix and fold.
- Scoop up the cake mix and spoon it into the greased cake tin and put in the oven for 40 minutes. A crust top should appear.
- When the cake is cool start making the ganache. For the ganache, you need to grate all of the chocolate into a large bowl.
- Then, you pour the double cream into a saucepan and heat (Do not boil the cream) until bubbles appear slightly around the edge of the pan.
- When the cream is heated, pour it onto the grated chocolate and beat together. The heat of the cream should melt the chocolate and form a smooth ganache. Finish, by putting the ganache to one side to cool and thicken for one hour.
- When the cake and ganache is cool, scoop the ganache onto the top of the cake to create a chocolate topping. Decorate with chocolates and smarties.