Vanilla & chocolate cupcakes
Member recipe by teenqueenchef
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Cakes
Easy to make fun for all spongy vanilla and cocunut chocolate cupcakes, with chocolate ganache. Made by Amelia and Lola x
- 30 Union Jack cupcake cases.
- 3 medium size eggs
- 150g Self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp-Milk
- 1 tsp-Vanilla flavoring
- 40g-Milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp- Coco powder
- 1 tbsp Dessicated coconut
- For the ganache
- 250g- Plain chocolate
- 250ml- Elmlea double cream
- 30 Union Jack rice paper hearts.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas mark 6.To start, put the cupcake cases on the backing trays.
- Whisk the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl, until creamy.
- Add the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Put the mixture to one side, and melt the chocolate in a saucepan. Add milk if chocolate starts to form a rough texture and stir together.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the mixture then fold together.Whisk in flour into the mixture.
- powder, and the dessicated coconut and whisk together.
- Take a teaspoon and scoop cake mixture into the cupcake cases only half full and carefully put into oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Whilst waiting for the cupcakes too cook, start making the ganache by grating the chocolate into a large bowl.
- After all the chocolate has been grated finely, warm the double cream in a sauce pan until it bubbles slightly around the edge of the pan (do not boil the cream). Pour the cream over the chocolate and beat together, if the mixture consists of a rough texture put the mixture back in the sauce pan and stir until smooth. And leave to thicken for one hour.
- After the cupcakes are cool and the ganache is thickened, scoop a teaspoon of ganache onto each cupcake and spread out evenly. To make it look even more delicious, add on the top a Union Jack ricepaper heart.