Polish style mushroom soup
Member recipe by dannyc
- - 500g/ 1oz of Mushrooms
- - 1 medium size Carrot
- - small Parsley
- - 3-4 medium size Potatoes
- - to thicken soup (cream/ plain flour)
- - seasoning: salt, pepper, pepper corns, allspice, bay leafs, stock cube
- - chicken leg/thigh/wings to make a bullion
- - 3 spoons of butter
- Wash and peel vegetables. Carrot and potatoes chop in to small cubes (about 5mmx5mm).
- Pour water in to a pan (sufficient to contain 4-5 portions of soup). Add chicken part (If you are vegetarian you can skip that part) and spices: salt, pepper, 2 bay leafs, few corns of pepper and allspice, you can also add a stock cube for fuller taste. Add chopped vegetables and peeled parsley. Cook about 20 minutes (until carrot and potatoes will be half soft).
- Meanwhile peel mushrooms and chop them in to small pieces (e.g. thin stripes) and stew them for few minutes on frying pan. Add to soup. Then cook another 10-15 minutes.
- To thicken a soup you can: - pour few spoons of hot soup in to a cup and then add few spoons of cream. Stir it quickly and to soup stir all the time. (When you thicken a soup it can't boil because cream can curdle) - mix few spoons of flour with water in a cup and add to the soup, wait until soup thickens
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Also instead of potatoes you can serve it with pasta (butterflies, twists, shells - it is entirely up to you). Some people don't chop carrot but grate it. Personally I like to eat that soup with bread. I hope you will enjoy that recipe
- Smacznego! Bon apetit!