successful claims.com cake
Member recipe by explayboybunny
This chocolate cake was made for me when I recently opened my new company, the recipe is easy but tastes awesome.
- 300g light muscovado sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 100g self raising flour
- 5 eggs
- 300g dark chocolate
- 250g butter
- For The Icing
- 200g dark choclate
- 200mls double cream
- Heat the oven to 160c, butter and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together butter and light muscovado sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Measure out plain flour and self-raising flour, beat in 5 eggs one at a time, adding 1 or 2 tbsp flour if the mixture starts to split
- Pour 300g melted and slightly cooled dark chocolate into the mixture, beating as you do so. Fold in the rest of the flour.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, the cake should be risen with a crust on top. Cool and then take out of the tin. Split the cake horizontally.
- To make the icing, gently melt together dark chocolate with double cream. Cool until thickened slightly. Fill the cake with icing, then spread the rest over the outside.