Member recipe by cmuell15
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups Thai jasmine-scented white rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 heaping Tbsp. dry shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Rub oil over the bottom of a deep-sided pot. You will also need a tight-fitting lid.
- Place rice, coconut milk, water, shredded coconut, and salt in the pot and set over medium-high to high heat. Stir occasionally to keep rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot and burning.
- Once the coconut-water has begun to gently bubble, stop stirring and reduce heat to low (just above minimum). Cover tightly with a lid and let simmer 15-20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Replace the lid and turn off the heat, but leave the covered pot on the burner to steam another 5-10 minutes, or until you're ready to eat.