Easy Shortcrust Pastry
Member recipe by chris210
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Piece
Easy and tasty recipe for shortcrust pastry. Using the food processor makes it faster and easier.
- 400g Plain flour
- 200g Cold butter
- Pinch of salt
- 95ml Cold water
- Place the bowl and butter into the fridge to make it cold. This is REALLY important
- Throw flour, butter and salt into the food processor and blitz for 15-20 seconds until it is a soft fine breadcrumb texture. You dont NEED a food processor and can use your fingertips like your gran used to, but make sure you hands are ice cold first.
- Pour mixture into the cold bowl, make a well in the centre and add around 3/4 (75ml) of the water. With fingers like a claw, turn the pastry mix in the bowl. Get in and twist, mopping up all the dry ingredients. Add the rest of the flour and continue twisting together until the mixture is a lump.
- lightly flower the board and place pastry on top. Push it together and gently kneed it. until it has a soft texture when pinched.
- Cover with clingfilm, place back into the bowl you used earlier and place in the fridge. Ready to take and use whenever you need it (preferably for a stake and ale pie that afternoon).