Member recipe by sdw1971
- 12 sheets of lasagne
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 oz (100 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 bay leaves
- salt pepper
- 3 chicken portions, cooked, skinned and boned
- 1 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 450 ml (3/4 pint) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt natural yogurt
- 4 oz (100 g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the lasagne in boiling salted water until tender. (A little oil added to the water will prevent the sheets of pasta from sticking together.)
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spices, bay leaves, salt and pepper, then mix in the chicken (shredded or chopped).
- Dissolve the cornflour in the milk and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Drain the lasagne and spread out on paper towels
- Make alternate layers of lasagne and the chicken mixture in a baking dish.
- Combine the yogurt and cheese and spread over the top.
- Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven 200C (400F) Gas mark 6 for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.