Easy Garlic Mushrooms
Member recipe by anna_or
Cheesy garlic mushrooms in 15 minutes. Great as a side or a stress free starter.
- 4 large flat mushrooms like portobello (washed, stems removed)
- 4 tbsp of butter in room temperature (for lower calories content I use buttery spread like Low Low Gold)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of chopped curled leaf parsley
- 60g grated cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste (with salted butter and the cheese I don't think it needs any salt)
- Preheat the oven to 240C/ 220C fan.
- In a bowl combine the butter, salt if using, squeezed garlic, parsley and half of the cheese and mix well with a fork.
- Lay the mushrooms on a baking tray, spoon the mixture on top and sprinkle with some black pepper. Place in the oven for 10 minutes and preheat grill to medium.
- Take the mushrooms from the oven, top with the remaining cheese, place under the grill for about 2 minutes or till melted to your liking.