Creamy Fish With Shallots
Member recipe by anna_or
Light and creamy fish with a twist of shallots. Ideal to go with roast potatoes and seasonal greens
- 2 white fish fillets
- 250ml tub of sour cream (18%)
- 3 Tsp of butter at room temperature
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 4-5 shallots
- 2 Tbs of chopped parsley
- 1/2 Tsp of coarse ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- A drop of olive oil to grease an oven dish
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Slice the shallots. Grease a shallow ovenproof dish (I use a lid of a casserole dish) and spread the shallot slices evenly on the bottom. Place the fish on top of the shallots and spread 1 tsp of the butter on top of the fish. Place the lot in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime combine the sour cream with the remaining butter, add the salt and pepper, parsley, squeeze the garlic and mix well. Pour the mixture over the fish once the 15 minutes is up and return to the oven for further 15 minutes or until bubbling and browning on top
- Serve with seasonal greens and roast potatoes.