Kicking Cabbage Soup
Member recipe by Cloudymao
- 1/2 Cabbage Head
- 2 Green Peppers
- 6 Large (or 9 medium) spring onions(salad onions)
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes or 2 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1tbsp coriander
- 1tbsp white pepper
- 1 Cube beef/vegetable stock
- Find yourself a Large pot. Remove the head of the onions and discard, slice the onions and add them to the pot, turn the heat on low and let them sit in the heat while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Roughly chop the green peppers into bite size chunks and add to the pot.
- Slice the cabbage into small chunks and take the pot off the heat, add the cabbage to your pot.
- now add your tin, or fresh diced tomatoes, and the seasonings. You may add some salt and pepper if you like.
- dissolve your cube of stock in enough water to fully cover your soup ingredients and add to the pot.
- Turn the heat on low, and let the soup simmer for two hours, You can either serve chunky or whizz it up with a hand blender for a smoother soup.